We help power your business
Mabuhay Energy is a Retail Electricity Supplier duly licensed by the Energy Regulatory Commission starting December 2019. It is a member of the Aviva Group of Companies and was formed in 2017 by a team of experienced professionals from the retail energy space in the Philippines and in Japan. Mabuhay Energy’s innovative pricing mechanism is patterned after Japanese RES companies, which allows it to provide the most options in the market, enabling customers to customize their pricing and supply.
Why choose us
|Terms||Switch to a RES||Not switching|
|Pricing Scheme||As chosen by customer*|
controlled by DU (e.g. MERALCO, VECO, PECO)
|Ability to negotiate price||YES||NO|
|Assistance on power industry updates||YES||NO|
We focus on providing creative solutions tailor-fitted to your needs.
We consistently give high quality performance with our services.
We always strive to deliver the best possible prices and excellent service.
Meet the Management Team
Sherwin G. Hing
Founder & CEO
- Masters in Entrepreneurship, Asian Institute of Management.
- Third-generation shipping line owner.
- Diverse businesses that include shipping, energy, telecommunications and food.
Jacqueline M. Castillo
Vice President and Head of Sales and Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, MAPUA Institute of Technology
- Board of Trustee - Retail Electricity Suppliers Association of the Philippines. (RESA)
- 14 years in the power industry from MERALCO, PSALM, AES Philippines and San Miguel Global Power.
- Highly specialized in setting up the Retail Electricity Supply (RES) business segment of power companies.
- Former RES Manager for a US multinational power company.
- Pioneer member and a former RES Manager of the biggest power generator in the Philippines
Daniell Mark Mangosing
Head of Trading, Procurement and Risk Management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, University of the Philippines, nominee for the Best Undergraduate Thesis for his study on the real-time electricity market in the Philippines.
- Has been working in the power industry since 2016, starting with trading energy assets at PSALM.
- Did a deep-dive market and price analysis and has undergone extensive training in Japan conducted by F-Power and IDI Group.
WILL MY DISTRIBUTION UTILITY CHARGE ME HIGHER IF I SWITCH TO RES?
NO, distribution and transmission charges are regulated rates.
IF I SWITCH FROM DU TO RES, WILL I EXPERIENCE MORE BLACKOUTS?
NO, the switched customers will be served by the same transmission and distribution company.
WILL I EXPERIENCE POWER FLUCTUATION ON THE DAY THAT I SWITCH?
NO, the supply of electricity will continue normally.
IS THERE A SWITCHING FEE?
NO, switching to a RES is free.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SWITCH?
Minimum of 1 month is all it takes to switch, for as long as all documents are completed.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO SWITCH?
|Document||Type of Copy||Document Source||Document||Type of Copy||Document Source|
|1||Contestable Customer Application Form (Indirect|
|8||Metering Installation Registration|
|2||Valid Retail Supply Contract||Scanned notarized copy||RES||9||Single Line Diagram||Scanned copy||RMSP, NSP|
Treasurer’s Affidavit/ Sworn Affidavit indicating
participation in the WESM
Secretary’s Certificate/Board Resolution
authorizing participation in the WESM as Indirect
|Scanned notarized copy||Contestable Customer||10||ERC Certification of Meter Test|
|Scanned copy||RMSP, NSP|
|4||Proof of Prudential Security (Letter of Credit,|
Surety Bond, Bank Guarantee, Guarantee by
other institutions, Cash Deposit)
|Original Copy||11||Test and Calibration Reports of|
Instrument Transformers and
|Scanned copy||RMSP, NSP|
|5||ERC Certificate of Contestability||Clear scanned copy||ERC||12||a. Projected Gross Energy|
a. Projected Bilateral Contract Quantities from each Trading Participant’s Counterparty
|Electronic copy||DU, RES|
|6||Retail Counterparty Confirmation Form (between|
Direct WESM Member Counterparty Supplier and
|Scanned signed copy||IEMOP||13||Proof of Full Compliance by the|
Contestable Customer with its
Certification from the NSP
Notarized Affidavit of undertaking
executed by the Contestable
Customer supported by a
|Scanned copy||Templates are in|
|7||Valid Wheeling Service Agreement|
*with DWSA certification or updated Annex
showing the inclusion of the Contestable
Customer to be switched
|Scanned notarized copy||DU, RMSP, NSP|